Re: Broken my practice, advice needed1

Message 01416 of 3835

I was in a similar position myself when I first started the work of
IIH. It was a few weeks before finals and so when finals did roll
around I didn't have the time, or the energy, to put forth into my
studies. So I put them on hold in the back of my mind for two
weeks. Well, a few of my areas of progress did suffer, but not too
badly :)

But here is something that helped me:

"The path of the hermetic, the quabbalist, is not the path of the
aestetic hermit who withdrawls himself from society and practices
only in secret. No, the way of the hermetic is something that is to
be walked and expressed at every moment with the totality of the
self.

You want to practice, then practice throughout your everyday life,
when you wake up, when you eat your breakfast, when you walk to
work, when you sleep. One pointedness, mindfullness, observation of
thoughts, body control, the working towards a rudimentary elemental
equilibrium...it's all something that can be done at any moment in
time without anyone really knowing about it." -- Peter Reist

Hermetics is a way of life and a state of mind. Keep that life and
mind, and whether or not you have time to practice, doesn't affect
what you are and how you live. You are who you want to be. And you
live how you want to live. Just don't lose that, and everything
will be fine.

-- Alan

Main Index | Thread Index