ET

Message 01437 of 3835

 Thank you Rawn, your comentaries have once again given me a
better understanding of the text. I also completly agree with your
comment at the end of the article on the ET, I never realized the
depth and potential this litle document has. The experience has
wetted my appetite for the classics of the Hermetic tradition, and
from what little i've read so far I think the persual of these works
will be very rewarding. Anyone have any recomendations other than
the Corpus Hermeticum and the Kybalion? I anticipate many long
nights of coffee and reading till my eyes get blury :)

Also, iv developed an interest in inner alchemy, which seems to
complement my work with IIH nicely, but I was wondering how
necesesary the practical side of alchemy is? It seems to be imensley
fun and something i'd like to atleast try. However, certain factors
would make it very difficult to carry out. Im a minor, and I dont
think my parents would buy me pure grain alcohol no matter how much
I tried to explain that it was going to be used for a good cause.
Also, my lab would resemble a whiskey still or the unibombers shack
since ill need to make/beg/borrow the equipment, and set it up
somewhere outside where odd smells and smoke wont atract unwanted
atention. No one knows my interest in these sorts of things, and I
have a hunch that explaining that the jug of alcohol is for spagyric
tinctures and not drinking till I go blind wont be a good way to
broach the topic.

Main Index | Thread Index