Re: Mental problem, an advise please!

Message 01543 of 3835

The philosopher, John Baines had something very interesting to say on the
subject of Hermetics:

=================================== John Baines Forum #32 - Sept 30 The Spirit
==================================="For the spirit, the physical body is a
heavy load when it does notrespond to the messages and actions that the spirit
desires it to undertake; it islike a black veil which limits and clouds the
vision. Self-mastery means learning toperfectly handle the complex and
extraordinary machinery which is our physicalbody." "In general, the condition
of the human being can be compared to that ofan individual who enters a very
complicated automobile without knowing howto drive it. The physical body of a
man who has neither cultivated nordeveloped his consciousness, is like an
automobile traveling a long distancewithout a driver.""In order to clearly
visualize the spiritual problem of mankind, we willoffer the following
simile. The spirit is pure energy of a high vibration whichpenetrates a
material body of a low vibration. All that the spirit tries toexteriorize is
lost, like a radio transmitter of a high frequency that has to be retransmitted
to a lowfrequency receiver (the body). Logically, it is impossible for this
receiver (the body) to receiveanything at all, until its frequency level is
increased to that of the transmitter (the spirit).""The power of the human mind
has no limits and the day will come whenman will have attained perfect mastery
of the mind enabling him tomaterialize his thoughts, and giving him the ability
to achieve the integration of matter."From Chapter 10: "The Dominion of
Oneself" of The Secret Science, byJohn Baines
=================================== To find out more about John Baines, The
Institute of Hermetic Philosophy, or our current events,
visit<http://www.dsiny.org> www.dsiny.org

kos_kou4 <kos_kou4@...> wrote:
Hello friends,

I am new to this group and I am still practising Bardon's step one.
But the last week I had some kind of a problem. I had obsessive
thoughts, I couldn't consestrate, my mind went blank, had absence of
emotional responsiveness and reduction in awareness. As you can
understand my first thought was that "ok you are a mad man now,
don't panic you just have to go to the psyciatry clinic". I have
always been really nervous guy. Always something to do, couldn't sit
down, always in a mood that "I have to leave now" and lots of other
things that a really nervous guy can do. When this "crisis" slow
down a bit I searched in the internet about mental problems and I
found very interesting things. All the symptoms that I have a few
years now are stress symptoms caused by a trauma. Now, about
Bardon's work I have done something really foolish. I have done the
mental exercise WRONG for five months. So, a week ago when I
understand this got really anxious and stressfull and I think that
these stressfull feelings might triggered this crisis. What I want
for you, please, is just an advise. To stop Bardon's course it is
not a sollution because it is very importand to me, is like a life
purpose. And except from this in first step we learn to control our
mind which for me I think that it is the best therapy for my
problem. I can't afford a therapist and even if I could, I couldn't
tell him about Bardon and occult because he woudn't understand. So,
what do you thing, should I stop Bardon's course or should I fight
it? Do you thing that this course could be a therapy for my
problem?

Regards, Kostas