Re: An introduction

Message 01555 of 3835

> I'd like for you to reassess that conclusion about the practical,
> every-day applicability of the IIH exercises.

I guess I would clarify by saying that I don't deny the everyday
applicability of the IIH exercises; perhaps only that, as you put it,
the format of the presentation is described as setting aside a
special time for it. I certainly don't stop my practice when I stop
my meditation.

But perhaps the reason I tend to frame things this way is that, as I
indicated, I tend to have difficulty with slowing down, relaxing, and
becoming aware of myself when I'm involved in mundane things. It's a
big challenge for me. Spiritual development is definitely not a
separate realm but it sure would be simpler if it were.

> Well, this work does demand that you change those habits that don't
> serve you. As for connecting with your partner, perhaps you could
> negotiate an agreement that at the beginning of your meal you will
spend
> a few moments focused upon the impregnation of your food and then,
when
> that's done, you switch to your normal connecting, etc.
Periodically
> during your meal, remember that you're eating food that has been
> impregnated with a specific idea and purpose. As you become more
> proficient at impregnating your food, this becomes less and less
> problematic.

My question would be, is such a compromise okay to do ... Doesn't
Bardon say to stop any reading or conversation? Is this an all-or-
nothing practice, am I not shortchanging myself if I do a little at a
time?

Or maybe starting with a little at a time is better than nothing.

Well thanks for answering my questions Rawn.

David

Main Index | Thread Index