Re: mind chatter : what plane ?

Message 01645 of 3835

Rawn and Newbie,

I am in no way an authority on human psychology nor this work we
are all engaged in. In fact, one would be a fool to trust in an
anonymous email poster no one knows anything about. But in the end,
we all have to know the truth for ourselves, not by taking some one
else's word for it, but by finding the evidence for ourselves.
Regarding "mind chatter" not being a shortcoming:

Not everyone would necessarily agree. Some might say that "mind
chatter" creates an obstacle both to external observation (by adding
things to impressions) and internal action (by blocking will), that
it diffuses and wastes energy, that it is a sign of a lack of inner
unity and control. Mind chatter may increase negative emotions, if it
is critical and judging, it may delude consciousness if it constantly
self-justifies, explains away, or otherwise hides the truth. Mind
chatter helps to obscure the real, by allowing some one to judge
others by a standard other than they judge themselves. Mind chatter
can lead to one identifying with one's thoughts and mental states
instead of controlling them. I think a better statement would be that
mind chatter may or may not be a shortcoming, or symptomatic of a
shortcoming, but I do think it is dangerous to rule it out all
together.

mj

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear NB,
>
> >> Is the so-called "mind chatter" (the internal mental discussion)
an