Re: mind chatter : what plane ?

Message 01679 of 3835

Peter,

Synchronicity strikes again. And maybe tikkun.

> By all means, play the devil's advocate. If you are familiar with
the
> manner in which Rabbi's study you no doubt know the imporatance of
> the devils advocate.

Absolutely. The importance of which seems to be all but forgotten
by all too many. I should have said I was asking sincerely, and not
just to try to disprove some one, attempt to "establish myself",
argue pointlessly as I had already made up my mind, or play other
mindless games.

> The major problem that I see is that you are making the equation:
> mind chatter = the monkey mind and since the monkey mind is an
> unwanted state, therefore mind chatter is an unwanted state of
mind.
> A perfectly logical sylogism A is B; B is C; therefore A is C.
Would
> be all well and good if all of the premises (ie. A is B and B is C)
> where true. Which is something that I don't find to be the case.

I started to realize this. Earlier today, I was looking at IIH and
noticed that this is what Bardon had to say about our subconscious
"[S]ubconsciousness is the incentive of all we do not wish for. Let
us learn how to transmute this, so to speak, antagonistic aspect of
our ego, so that it not only does no harm, but on the contrary will
help to realize our desires." I see a lot of similarities between
mental chatter and the subconscious, and in fact have followed the
chatter to more "subconscious" realms (but that's a whole different
topic). What I hadn't fully realized what is meant by the general
theorem that power itself is neither good nor evil, but it may put to
good or evil purposes. Or, as the ARA would say "Guns don't kill
people. People kill people."

> For example, if one is obsessing about a certian person, or
> situation, or matter, one is already within a one pointed, fixed
> state of mind upon that one thing.

I understand and agree completely. Well put. This is a good way to
organize it and I think I will.

> Moreover, while Bardon does suggest that the scholar maintain a
state
> of one pointedness (ie. when walking, just walk; when typing, just
> type; and so forth) throughout the day to develop a strong will and
> intellect. He does not state that it is absolutely necessary. At
> least within the first few steps of IIH. Once one progresses a
little
> bit farther down the path things have a tendency to change slightly
> in regards to this.

I was thinking more of maintaining thought observation during the
day. The more I do so, the less I identify, the more free I become,
the more I am.

mj

Main Index | Thread Index