Re: Digest Number 286

Message 01684 of 3835

Dear Geoffrey,

>> If thoughts just popping up and i am not willing or doing the
thoughts .. they just pop up and create their story without my active
interference..... is that EOM? or should i willingly shut them off? <<

If they are indeed thoughts, then that is not Emptiness of Mind. In
the state of Emptiness, the mind only perceives, which is difficult
to explain. It is "above" thought. If you haven't looked at Rawn's
Self-Healing Archaeous, then I suggest that you do.

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/Archaeous-Links.html

It will help you to understand what state of mind you are trying to
achieve, Lesson 3 specifically. You can always simply listen to or
read the lesson and get a better understanding of the "hierarchy" (if
you will) of the mind and mental body, without working through the
first two to get to the third ;) But to *do* the third you need to
*do* the first two.

Mundane Awareness (Earth)
Emotion and Presonal Significance (Water)
Perception of Ideas and Thoughts (Air)
Direct Perception of Essential Meaning (Fire)

The Emptiness of Mind exercise is related to the Fire region of the
Mental body and the direct perception of essential meaning. This is
better understood on the decent from the Fire back to the Earth and
the integration of all four. When you really start to go deeper into
the Vacancy of Mind exercise, the understanding of what is occuring
during that state becomes more apparent.

>From what you said, it seems that you are more in the Air region than
in the Fire region. The thoughts are less (what's the
word...) "sentences" and more "words". Different from what you are
used to, but thoughts none the less. Your mind truly has to be empty
of thoughts for the exercise to be complete.

If you are having trouble with this exercise, or understanding what
you are trying to achieve, I'd suggest that you give the Archaeous a
try. It can't hurt :)

All Will Go Well,
--Alan

Main Index | Thread Index