Re: pronunciation of Yod-He-Wav-He

Message 01795 of 3835

Dear Patrick,

>> First of all, as a french person, please forgive my gramatical
mistakes. <<

There's no need to apologize or to be at all self-conscious -- many of
our members do not speak English as their first language. :) Besides,
most of us who do speak English as our first or only language write with
very poor grammar! ;-)

>> I have already have private mails with Rawn (you remember I talked <<

:) That must have been a couple of years ago now?

>> Anyway, as this is my first post here I would like to thank so much
Rawn for his work for the Franz Bardon's teaching revival). When I see
the so many posts in this forum, it is clear that it still attracts, in
this dark period, a lot of people. Thank's also for the mp3 and pdf, I
know how much work it must represents. <<

My pleasure. :)

>> It is clear that when I hear your mp3 about TMO, you pronounce the
divine name of God "Yod He Wav He"
In every french book we pronounce and write the "Wav" as "Wau" or "Vau"
(sounds like in the English word vo-lonteer" whereas you pronounce the
"V" "Wav" very clearly. Maybe it sound like a dumb question but I am
just wondering why in evry french book about magic or GD, it's
pronounced Vô and not Wav.
Do you see any explanation as the hebrew language is so powerful, I want
to use the proper pronunciation. <<

Both ways of pronouncing it are proper or correct since it can be
pronounced either way. :) The 'V' can have several different
pronunciations depending upon it's use and upon the vowel point
associated with it. It also depends upon whether one is speaking
Sephardic or Ashkenazic Hebrew. At any rate, I "grew up" speaking it as
"Vav", but "Vau" is just as proper.