Re: Mundane Relationships

Message 01794 of 3835

Dear Allen,

>> To be honest, the daily concerns of most people is beginning to feel
like a chore to listen to. I am sure people are noticing this new
behaviour. I even notice people getting mad because I do not choose
anymore to "participate" in their emotions as I may have before. I also
choose to keep my spiritual life very private and never talk about it,
but there are always clever people who notice things... Does anyone
here on the list have similar experiences and any advice how to deal
with people that are happy not to ask questions in this world of
delusion? (that shouldn't be read as condescending). <<

Well, no matter how I read it, that does sound condescending, or at
least as if you've divided the world into 'people like me' and 'people
like them'. I think this is a fairly common stage or phase of the
introspection/self-change work indicative of our turning outward what
should only be turned inward -- judgment.

I suggest that you examine these feelings very carefully for what they
are. In essence, this is an aspect of the need to feel superior to
others as a means of making oneself feel "okay". It's a putting down of
others to raise oneself up. The end result of this is that one finds
oneself all alone.

There's an old saying that what offends us in others are the things that
offend us within our own selves. When the behaviour of others raises
our judgmentalism it means that we see the same propensity in ourselves
but we'd rather not admit it so we look down on them as a sort of cover
to hide what is also within us. In this way we avoid responsibility for
what is within ourselves. The path of character transformation however,
demands something more of us. It demands that we instead turn that
laser beam inward and root out that propensity within *ourselves*. How
the other person acts is their business but how *you* act is *your*
business.