Re: transition to step two?

Message 01856 of 3835

Hi,

I would have to agree with most of what you're saying. But I feel
that you are addressing a quite different issue than the one I was
addressing. I brought up the example of discomfort at meals with my
family when I was younger not to talk about the petty tyrants in my
life, but rather to illustrate my point that my past affects my
present in subtle and not-so-subtle ways. Knowing that is only one
part of changing it.

So in particular, your statement:
> Try not identifying with them as you. They are feelings. They are
not you.

That may be true, but the feelings stem from beliefs that I hold, for
better or for worse, as a result of certain past experiences, which I
must needs deal with because they bring about certain behaviors or
mental habits that prevent me from progressing. So in a sense you're
right, but I guess I have to take a deep look at all of why I resist
myself so much. Like digging up the roots of a tree, I suppose.

Thanks for your comments though. Many times in my life I have found
myself in a difficult situation with people whom I don't respect who
are nevertheless in positions of arbitrary power over me, or
situations in which I've given power away and feel helpless. Those
are always difficult to get through, but I totally agree, the most
difficult situations are the ones with the most opportunity for
growth and self-awareness.

Doesn't make it easy or simple though. :)

Thanks,
David

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "lux xul" <luxxul@h...> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I would like to suggest a modification of attitude that may help.
Tyrants
> are blessings waiting to be received.
>

> Personally I believe that the most potentially profitable persons
in our
> life OR situations in our life are where we must internally modify
ourselves
> to respond to a tyrant or tyrannical situation.
>
> If I *know* why I am doing something (why I am submitting my time
or energy
> or opinions, etc. (ie What is my INTENT.) to some tyrant or
tyrannical
> situation, then I may get bruised, broken, insulted, etc.
(wonderful for the
> [...]
to get
> what you need on your resume to move on or mature where it does not
effect
> you anymore and you realise you may find JOY (not necessarily
happiness -
> unsure about definition) anywhere you desire to, even there.
>
> In the end, *my intent* is made manifest and I depart knowing I was
master
> of my choices at all times, even **when I believed** that the
**tyrant
> believed** that they controlled. If I could put aside my ego and
false self
> importance long enough to recall *my intent* for being there, then
once
> again, I didnt need a *reflection of their belief to convince me*
of my own
> intent or strength or "reason d'etre".
>
> I would submit to you that "Personalities" must have reflections to
feel
> satisfied that they have accomplished something (ie - it must be
seen and
> aknowledged by others mainly to be accepted as a fact in the
personalities
> expereince). My "whole self" perhaps does not ( I dont believe it
does...
> consider One Pointedness experiences) and the subtle is supposed to
rule the
> gross.
>
> Its not about grasping power from something as much as it is about
moving
> out of the way so that power may manifest through you without
corruption.

> >It seems that I need to tackle these feelings, otherwise I won't be
> >able to progress.
> >

> >David
>
> Try not identifying with them as you. They are feelings. They are
not you.
> (IIH step 1A)
>
> Perhaps your understanding (childlike level w/o words emotionally
that
> influences us all hidden and without a name - metaphorically
speaking) could
> profit from a understanding that you choose no matter what and that
you
> cannot escape the consequence of your choices... (once this is an
accepted
> fact in the person (i think) there is little room for obvious
resentment) ->
> thus the rebelliousness feelings b/c your personlity emotively does
not
> question that someone else is taking power over you and reacts
without your
> conscious awareness that it is reacting in incomplete understanding.
>
> Perhaps Power is always granted, never taken. Power over self,
inner choices
> and attitudes, not physical conditions is the area I speak of.
>
> ONce again, I ramble and my personality is witness. :)

Main Index | Thread Index