Re: Re: transition to step two?

Message 01854 of 3835

Greetings.

I would like to suggest a modification of attitude that may help. Tyrants are blessings waiting to be received.

From: "David Yeh" <ldreamr@...>
To: BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BardonPraxis] Re: transition to step two?
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:45:28 -0000

Hi Stephen,
<snip>

I speculate that this has something to do with feeling uncomfortable at
meals with my family when I was younger. I think when I tell
myself, "Okay, David, you can't do these other fun things like read
or talk, you have to not think of anything but this wish," I react as
if I were being coerced. And who would want to let himself be
coerced.

Personally I believe that the most potentially profitable persons in our life OR situations in our life are where we must internally modify ourselves to respond to a tyrant or tyrannical situation.

If I *know* why I am doing something (why I am submitting my time or energy or opinions, etc. (ie What is my INTENT.) to some tyrant or tyrannical situation, then I may get bruised, broken, insulted, etc. (wonderful for the soul mirror BTW..). Bruises heal... breaks mend, insults are more about me than the tyrant, etc.

ex. Staying in a job where you are unhappy for as long as you need to get what you need on your resume to move on or mature where it does not effect you anymore and you realise you may find JOY (not necessarily happiness - unsure about definition) anywhere you desire to, even there.

In the end, *my intent* is made manifest and I depart knowing I was master of my choices at all times, even **when I believed** that the **tyrant believed** that they controlled. If I could put aside my ego and false self importance long enough to recall *my intent* for being there, then once again, I didnt need a *reflection of their belief to convince me* of my own intent or strength or "reason d'etre".

I would submit to you that "Personalities" must have reflections to feel satisfied that they have accomplished something (ie - it must be seen and aknowledged by others mainly to be accepted as a fact in the personalities expereince). My "whole self" perhaps does not ( I dont believe it does... consider One Pointedness experiences) and the subtle is supposed to rule the gross.

Its not about grasping power from something as much as it is about moving out of the way so that power may manifest through you without corruption.

It seems that I need to tackle these feelings, otherwise I won't be
able to progress.

David

Try not identifying with them as you. They are feelings. They are not you. (IIH step 1A)

Perhaps your understanding (childlike level w/o words emotionally that influences us all hidden and without a name - metaphorically speaking) could profit from a understanding that you choose no matter what and that you cannot escape the consequence of your choices... (once this is an accepted fact in the person (i think) there is little room for obvious resentment) -> thus the rebelliousness feelings b/c your personlity emotively does not question that someone else is taking power over you and reacts without your conscious awareness that it is reacting in incomplete understanding.

Perhaps Power is always granted, never taken. Power over self, inner choices and attitudes, not physical conditions is the area I speak of.

ONce again, I ramble and my personality is witness. :)

Thank you.

With respect ,

:T:

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos, and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx