Sequential order

Message 01914 of 3835

I know the various exercises of step 2 correspond to specific
Elements, and have to be done in a certain order.

As far as feeling concentration is concerned however, I'd like to
know whether coldness, warmth, heaviness, etc. have to be approached
in this order, or whether I can start with heaviness e.g.
My reason for asking is *not* the easiness or difficulty of each
respective exercise, but the fact that Earth deserves my full
attention at this very moment, and that I'd like to start with
something related to it.
Many thanks.

Something else - but not a question, exceptionally :-)

I made an interesting experiment recently again. For various
reasons, I had decided to keep practicing step 1 mental exercises
each day.

Specifically as far as thought control was concerned, I was again
amazed to see the level of coherence still present in my train of
thoughts even in the absence of any level of participation on my
part.
I was sort-of "hands in my back", witnessing the ebb and flow of the
thoughts without interfering, but the thinking process was still
logical, everything was still making sense, ...to the point that I
started wondering the added value of my normal participation during
day time :-)

But I realized it was this coherence that fooled me in the first
place and made me "jump into the debate" so frequently
(independently of the cases due to emotions), because of the feeling
that if a thought was "presented to me", it had to be the feedback
of something I had initiated myself and was something I had to take
ownership of ...which was clearly wrong.

All this to say that I was demonstrated again that the thoughts were
not *generated* at conscious level.

Useful exercise for a Newbie :-)

Cheers
NB