Re: LOVE UNCONTROLLED BY WILL

Message 01966 of 3835

Dear IOX,

Bardon's statement about Love is a complicated one to say the very
least. Showing much resemblence to Aliester Crowley's statement
of "Love is the Law, the Law under a strong will."

In my eyes this statement shows that Bardon knew all of the twenty
two keys of Das Golden Buch der Weisheit, the Golden Book of Wisdom
that is represented by the major arcana of the Tarot. Bardon was
given the task of putting forth, in plain language, the first five
Tarot cards: namely, the magician (Beth), the high priestess (Gimel),
the empress (Daleth), the emperor (Heh) and the hierophant (Vav). For
various reasons he was only able to put forth the keys to the first
three tarot cards fully though others have taken up the banner to
present the other pages of the Golden Book of Wisdom through various
means.

This statement, I believe, relates to the last Tarot key, the World
(Tav) and is something that is beautifully simplistic and complicated
all at the same time. Though, in the most basic manner, it is a
methodology for making all of the qualities of Divine Love manifest
quantitativly within the self and others in a healing fashion. While
I personally feel that I have half an idea as to what this is all
about, it is something that I acknowledge I don't quite understand as
of yet. Though I shall be sharing my understanding of this Tarot key
sooner or later. Most likely once I've sent off a draft to Rawn.

The basis of this tarot key boils down to a variant off of Paul
Foster Cases' "The Pattern on the Trestleboard" meditation that
represents the Legality, or essential meaning, of Divine Love within
a simple verbal format.

THIS IS TRUTH ABOUT LOVE:

0. All the Love that ever was or will be is here now.

1. I am a center of expression for the Primal Love which eternally
creates and sustains the universe.

2. Through me its unfailing Love takes form in thought and word.

3. Filled with Love of its perfect law, I am guided, moment by
moment, along the path of liberation.

4. From the exhaustless riches of its Limitless Love, I draw all
things needful, both spiritual and material.

5. I recognize the manifestation of the undeviating Love in all the
circumstances of my life.

6. In all things, great and small, I see the Love of the divine
expression.

7. Living from that Will, supported by its unfailing Wisdom and
Understanding, mine is the Loving Life.

8. I look forward with confidence to the perfect realization of the
Eternal Love of the Limitless Light.

9. In thought and word and deed, I rest my life, from day to day,
upon the sure Love of Eternal Being.

10. The Love of Spirit is embodied in my flesh.

The first step is to meditate upon these statements, one at a time,
until they are firmly integrated into one's mind. Analyse these
statements. Look at them from all angles. Observe what the
consequences are if such a statement where to be considered as truth.

The effects of such changes upon the mental level naturally trickle
down through to the astral and physical levels of reality, inducing
changes in how one thinks, feels, and acts. Causing you to move
towards a state of being that inahales love and exhales compassion.

It is, in part, due to meditations upon this matter that turned me, a
rather angry and hate filled person into a loving and compassionate
person. Albeit one that still practices a martial art that is
euphimistically called, "the art in which you learn to rip someone's
head off and walk away feeling calm and relaxed." An artform that is
characterized by a "fierce serenity".

To hasen the manifestation down into spatio-temporal reality the next
step is to start feeling these statements about Divine Love upon a
energetic level. Visualizing the ten statements as the ten spheres of
the tree of life, one by one, is a good way to start. In other words,
it's the exact same format for learning to understand legality that
Rawn Clark puts forth within his commentary on KTQ's step 5.

If you're doing the 8 Temples meditation I would suggest meditating
upon the above listed statements within each of the eight temples. In
particular the temple of Netzach. There's a spirit there that
specializes in this this sort of thing and was the initiating point
that lead me to this realization. She generally takes an interest
people that do this sort of work and helps them (read: kick them in
the arse at times) in many different ways.

Do note, as well, that nothing that I have said is particularly
*new*. This sort of teaching about love is something that is found
within pretty much every major religious tradition to some extent. As
such, all I'm doing is presenting this material within the framework
of Hermeticism and Kabbalah that is hopefully, slightly less fettered
by religious dogma.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index