Re: LOVE UNCONTROLLED BY WILL

Message 01967 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, preist@g... wrote:
> Dear IOX,
>
> Bardon's statement about Love is a complicated one to say the very
> least. Showing much resemblence to Aliester Crowley's statement
> of "Love is the Law, the Law under a strong will."
Etc, Etc see previous message for the rest of this one, snipped to
save bandwidth

> > Love and Live well,
> Peter Reist
Just thought I would add my two cents worth to Peter's in-depth
info. "true" love becomes a matter of definition. In terms of Kashmir
Shaivism, for example, the only "true" love would be the love
experienced after (during) union with the divine, Shiva, or the
universal energy of consciousness. (this would not deny the realism
of human love, however. Another subject for another time.)
Also, St. Augustine also had a phrase very similar to this which pre-
dated Crowley's.
Crowley's version "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Love is the Law, Love under Will." has multiple references, including
to sexual magick. There is also some indication to me that Bardon's
version hints in that direction also, considering the material it is
placed in context with.
The original Pattern on the Trestleboard that Peter mentions referred
to the various sephira at the numbers 1-10. Thus, subsitute the
word "Foundation" for Love in line 9 and you have Paul Foster Case's
original version, sephira 9 being the foundation.

Main Index | Thread Index