Re: Exercises in Mental Discipline of the Emotions

Message 01977 of 3835

Thanks Rawn. There is some mighty useful stuff here. I
would assume that initiates would tend to start this
discipline of observation naturally by way of the
exercises.

The first time this happened to the extent I REALLY
noticed was arguing with my wife. I had become an
observer, and instantly noticed the physical reactions
of my body. I had separated myself from the emotions.
At the point it became very easy to just to
*transform* the situation from a negative one to a
positive one, all the while remaining an observer,
even when it was positive.

I have managed to transfer this to working
relationships, other personal relationships, and
encounters with strangers in public. I now find very
little conflict in my life after I started this. It
really is a choice.

I would also like to recommend if I may a book by
Gerald Jampolsky called Love is Letting Go of Fear. I
wouldn't be surprised if a lot of you already know
this book well. It is based on a Course in Miracles.
The lessons of the book should be integrated into
everyday life. This small book is in my humble opinion
harmonizing very well with Franz Bardon's teachings.
It has helped me immensely to treat others like I
would like to be treated and to minimize all
*negative* emotions that eventually lead to fear.

There is one thing concerning emotions that confuses
me. During really *successful* meditations, I find
myself overwhelmed with the emotion of (lack of a
better word) Divine Love. Everything seems so perfect,
I cannot help but cry. I am in the NOW so to speak
when this happens. I am then exactly where I should
be. This emotion feels like something I should be
striving for and not something I can observe.
Sometimes it comes like a flood and too beautiful to
detach from. What then? Is this only a trick of the
mind? Because if I feel this, achieving a perfect EOM
for example becomes trivial. Such peace in this
emotion...

Sincerely,
Allen Kray