Hermes Trismegistus

Message 02023 of 3835

I am reading "Fire In The Heart" by Kyriacos C. Markides. In this book, he
writes about his conversation with Daskalos, Greek Cypriot healer and master of
metaphysical knowledge. Daskalos said that, "Hermes Trismegistus is any human
being who reaches the state of superconscious self-awareness. Anyone who has
mastered his or her three bodies - the gross material, the psychic, and the
noetic - is a Hermes Trismegistus. The winged god Hermes symbolizes flight -
that is, the mastery of exomatosis, or what others call 'astral travel'."

Also, "that the word trismegistus in Greek literally means 'the thrice-great' -
that is, the one who has attained mastery over the three bodies and therefore
can travel freely in these other dimensions of existence, accumulating
knowledge and wisdom and disseminating it to those who carry on a life
confounded within the lower levels of awareness."

This offered a new and different meaning for me, and I have a deep respect for
ancient and modern mystics that have preserved ancient teachings and kept the
flame alive.