Re: Interesting experience to share

Message 02022 of 3835

I completely agree that people interpret dreams in accordance with
their ego. Untill the ego is not deluding the psyche anymore, I
believe one should utilize as many methods as possible to find out
what it means. I am on a farely meager budget and cannot afford a
therapist. I learned this method from a friend a few years ago that
was seeing a psychiatrist. He told me the method the Dr. told him
and it has been useful for me. I hope that it can come to use here
for others.

I. Write the dream/s first thing in the morning when they are the
most clear. Almost as if the dream is being dreamed again; reliving
it actually. Now, after the dream/s is/are written down in full, ask
yourself the following questions. Go through the dream/s from
beginning to end with each question, repeatedly asking yourself the
questions untill you get no more answers for each set.

1. What body sensations do I feel at this time as I reflect on this
part of the dream? (this is to be asked for all parts of the dream.
for each individual part it is to be asked until no more answers come
to mind).

2. What emotions am I aware of (come to mind) at this time as I
reflect... (same as above)

3. What thoughts am I aware of.....

4. What does this dream remind me of in life...

6. What judgements, interpretations, conclusions come to mind

Using this method (according to my understanding; if its flawed
please let me know or expand the thought if you have any ideas), you
get at the physical, astral and mental areas. This way you can get
at the root of what the dream means so you can understand what is
going on so as to change something if it is necessary.

(just had a thought about incorporating this method into my soul
mirror. Hmm)

~starting over and breathing, always welcome the help~
Louis de Sully

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Pax Felix <pax_felix58@y...>
wrote:
> No argument, here, but a caution: Sometimes dreams are pretty
straightforward, and then there is no problem. But dreams can
mislead as well as enlighten. I have observed on a few occasions a
person interpreting one of his or her dreams in a narcisisstic or ego-
inflating direction, but FAR MORE OFTEN, when left on our own, we
tend to interpret dreams unfairly to our own detriment. That is, we
are often way too harsh with ourselves. If you plan to employ
dreamwork as an important part of your journey toward self-
understanding, may I recommend that you find a trusted and competent
friend (or even a professional, preferably a Jungian therapist) to
help you maintain a sense of balance, and to preserve an attitude of
mercy and kindness toward yourself.

> Be well,
> Pax Felix
>
> David Yeh <ldreamr@y...> wrote:
> The problem i've found though is in maintaining the awarenesses
gained in dreams. I find that being physical carries all sorts of
distractions that being in a dream doesn't. In dreams, the dream
reality is the mirror.