Making Hermetics integral to life

Message 02045 of 3835

Hello everybody, and a happy new year to you all!

I have recently noticed that Hermetic practice is under the
label 'something I do' to me - like painting, programming, writing,
studying mathematics, etc. This is not to say that I place a lesser
emphasis on it than on anything else (on the contrary), or that I do
not practice diligently day by day. Instead, I'm trying to say that
it tends to fade in and out of focus, and is subject to all of the
other inherent fluctuations of interest and effort like the
aforementioned fields of interest.
Despite it being a daily thing, just like sleeping or feeding
myself, I do not regard it with the same attitude. I don't have
fluctuations in my eating or sleeping habits - for the thousands of
days since my birth, I never got 'less or more interested with
eating', I just ate everyday what I need.
This is exactly the attitude which I wish to have towards Hermetic
practice; it being an integral part of my life, perhaps even to the
degree of being necessary to my sustained life, and not being
subject to various fluctuations of interest and desire.

So, to my question itself. Can anyone make any suggestions as to
how, in the most effective way, can I transform Hermetics
from 'something I do' into an essential and intrinsic part of my
life?

Thanks,
Daniel

Main Index | Thread Index