Re: Soul Mirror Questions

Message 02068 of 3835

Dear Olivier,

> Question: Many of my weak points are symptoms which stem from
erroneous beliefs, habits or behaviors crafted during childhood.
Although these "beliefs" are the root-causes of many weak points, they
do not seem "astral" in nature, and I am hesitant to list them on the
mirror. What do you think?

It may help to think of them as 'composite' emotional issues.
Despite some root beliefs being very complex and multi-faceted, I
think that they should still be mapped out. Try listing both the root
cause and all of the offshoots - such as in the example you gave
below. Then you can take it further by breaking down the offshoots.

It may seem easier to assign elements to the "smaller" or "more
refined" emotional issues, but the "bigger" ones correspond to
elements nonetheless. What I have found useful is to sense how this
belief makes me feel - how I respond to it emotionally. Once this has
been established it is not a stretch to assign that feeling to an element.

All the best,
> Example: from early childhood I was taught to be competitive at
school, university, work etc... to obtain what I wanted. From this
came the beliefs that (1) success is important (2) dominating others
is a prerequisite for success. This cleared the way for numerous
weaknesses such as: aggressiveness, impatience, ill will, jealousy,
materialism, unhealthy reliance on the opinion of others etc...