Re: Concerning an old post

Message 02086 of 3835

Dear louis ~

The debate of drug use is so filtered through political agendas and
propaganda that you will be hard-pressed to find a rational answer on
this matter. Whatever you are likely to hear will always be angled
from the personal opinion of the person you ask, which in the case of
drugs usually is very hot indeed!

The fact of the matter is that psychedelic drugs have been used as
sacramental medicines (ie entheogens) as far back as the history-
books go. Like any tool, they can be used or abused; that is, they
can be used with merit or they can lead to harm.

Bardon never revealed his position on the matter, at least to my
knowledge. One might assume that his position is the same as with the
other substances which he actually mentioned in IIH.

You might find answers to what you are looking for by checking out
www.erowid.org, and the material by Hoffman and Leary.

In either case, the dispute as to whether spiritual experiences
triggered by the use of entheogens are valid or not is up to
individual experience. The fact the wise Initiate will understand is
the same as that of any tool: not to allow it to become a crutch. By
practicing IIH, for instance, the Initiate will eventually be able to
produce any state of mind, far surpassing that of any drug, Hirself.
Furthermore, it will then be under the utter control of the balanced
Initiate, rather than the entheogenic experience of being thrown in
the deep of a turbulent ocean not even knowing if one can swim.

Are psychedelic drugs dangerous? First of all, I find it amusing that
anyone professing to become One with God would even grasp at
comfortable safety. That said, I guess you could say that any given
drug is as dangerous as the individual taking it. It is the greeting
and embrace of a foreign chemical-structure into one's own, after
all. Are the two synergistic or incompatible. No two people react the
same to a psychedelic. No two meetings with a psychedelic is ever the
same for the same person, even.

I'm closing my rambling with this: Do what you Will. Be responsible
and set serious goals, and you'll likely be alright. Recreational use
of entheogens is a despicable abuse... Ooops! There's that
politically correct propaganda again... Sorry! ;-)

Well met
Vovin

-- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "loumade_1999"
<loumade_1999@y...> wrote:
> There were some posts a while back that dealt with what happens
> hermetically when one uses different kinds of drugs.

Main Index | Thread Index