Concerning an old post

Message 02085 of 3835

There were some posts a while back that dealt with what happens
hermetically when one uses different kinds of drugs. I was wondering
if using LSD would cause as much damage to the violet cord if one
were to have the mental tenacity to not be filled with delusion while
being intoxicated.

This came to mind with the conglomeration of stories that I have been
reading and hearing about over the past few years. One story deals
with Ram Dass, after being disbanded from his group at harvard, went
to India in search of "something," like the beatles. In the process,
he ended up giving a yogi a large amount of acid that would be a
nightmarish experience for most people. The Yogi stayed in his
posture unphased by the ordeal. Another story dealt with another
yogi in india that was given five pipes; filled with opium, hash and
so on. The yogi was given these to loosen his tongue concerning
metaphysical principles. The yogi stayed firm and kept his composure.

It seems that the damage to be done is not by the drug itself but by
how the situation of being influenced by the drug is handled. Any
illucidation to this would be greatly apreciated. Chances are that I
just missed something in the posts that dealt with this. I
appologize if this is the case.

Thank-you

~louis de sully

Main Index | Thread Index