Re: Re: Soul mirrors/desires

Message 02097 of 3835

Dear Martin,

>> Firstly allow me to apologize for not replying to your reply sooner.
Since you posted it, I have read it several times, but wanted to wait
until I had enough time to really consider what you had written and try
to understand it before replying.
I must admit that this plan has failed somewhat, as I still do not
understand a lot of what you wrote. I do, however, appreciate you
having taken the time to reply in such detail and attempt to walk me
through the concepts so patiently. <<

:) No problem. I had the sense that you were digesting and understood
that there was a lot to chew on there.

>> Although I understand the initial distinction here, I cannot grasp
the idea beneath the concept of 'good' forms selfishness which
brings us to true knowledge. Does this mean looking inward at
oneself, studying one's character, meditating upon how one is linked
to the Macrocosm? <<

Yes, that is one good example.

>> OK, I think I understand that. The Creator and Man are one, it is
simply an individual's perception which can led to a sense of distance
from the Creator. Is that correct? <<

Yes, that's exactly his point. :) Furthermore, actions rooted in the
perception of separation cause the deepening of that sense of
separation.

>> OK, wow... now my head is hurting. I do understand the concept of the
"screen" and how it relates to character transformation, but as for the
complex issue of desires, I think I'll let it dawn on me as/when I am
ready :-) <<

;-) Sounds like a good plan.

>> This made me wonder if the ten steps of IIH correspond with the ten
Sephiroth of the Tree of Life. If so, do we count Malkuth as
corresponding with step one? Or as we are already manifest in the
physical, does it connect instead with Yesod? In which case, would Daath
correspond to step seven? Or is there absolutely no link at all? <<

I suggest that you read http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/8T-Steps.html
While it's primarily in the context of the correlation between the 8T
and IIH, it does discuss the relation between the Steps and the Sephirot
themselves.