Re: Re: Some questions; yuck.

Message 02160 of 3835

Dear David,

>> I just wanted to say ... I have found in myself a dismaying tendency
to skip exercises and then tell myself that I have mastered them
already, when in fact I clearly haven't. It ends up setting me back
more than if I hadn't skipped the exercise in the first place. I think
I'm generally pretty honest with myself, so it's troubling to find some
big blind spots. Yuck. <<

:) I recommend that you let go of your dismay and focus instead upon
two things: #1) Figure out *why* you have this tendency; and, #2) Work
at developing the opposite trait of pursuing each exercise thoroughly.

This is the point of the Soul Mirror and the work of character
transformation. Not to feel bad about yourself but rather, to put
yourself in the position of being able to *change* those things you feel
bad about. Realizing a personal failing is a powerful thing -- once
realized, you then have an opportunity to make a change.