Off topic/privacy with yahoo

Message 02174 of 3835

Greetings,

I received this email of a yahoo group yesterday. I thought I?fd post
it here incase no-one has heard of this.

Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you
are going - similar to cookies. Take a look at their updated privacy
statement:

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
Network," you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you ?h
opt-out" of
their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this.

Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice
the "Success" message the top the next page.

Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button
that, if clicked, will *undo* the opt-out. Feel free to forward this
to other groups.

Note that you need to do this opt out action for each computer and/or
Browser that you use.

Good luck
Mark

Main Index | Thread Index