Re: Re: Another question - step one breathing

Message 02173 of 3835

Dear David,

>> Overall, I think I am having problems setting aside resistance to
replacing qualities in myself. If I try to inhale peace, I find that a
part of me is attached to staying the way I am. The core of it is that
at some level I can't let go of my fears and my attachment to my
negative trait. <<

This isn't a matter of "can't". It's a matter of *wanting*. If you
*want* to change yourself and let go of old habits and ways of being,
then you will do so. It's *wanting* that makes for a strong will and
it's *not wanting* that weakens the will.

When we want something at the conscious level but always feel defeated
and say we "can't" the instant we meet with internal or external
resistance, then there is a core of *not wanting* within our
subconscious. To counteract this, you must really make up your mind to
defeat the resistance. In other words, you must want it enough so that
the resistance is irrelevant. Then, your commitment and your force of
will are strong enough to overcome the resistance.

>> I think some of the problem may be in the way I am conceptualizing
the exercise; I feel like when I project my desire outward, I am leaving
myself deficient of that energy, so that projecting it out and breathing
it back in becomes a limited cycle. Any suggestions on this? <<

With this exercise your are not projecting *energy*. All you're
projecting is an *idea*. Likewise, you're not inhaling an *energy*.
All you're inhaling is an *idea*. Thus there is neither an expenditure
of energy nor a gain of energy.

By projecting your *idea* into the Akasha resident within the air, you
are, ultimately, giving the idea concrete form which is then transferred
to your mental, astral and physical bodies upon inhalation, via the
natural working of the Akasha and Elements which compose the air.

I suggest that you read the following:

http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/EMMisc.html
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Breath.html