Re: Re: Wanting

Message 02179 of 3835

I think step 2 is the place where dicisions are made that will effect our
future out-come for a while to come. I too love my children and many other
things in general life and am tempted to while away the hour.
No one can force me but myself. If I play too much then in a few more fast
years I will look back with regret because I will be in undesirable situations
that I cannot chang because I had the opertunity to develop/mature and waisted
it. Next life time!
RS

>Dear David,
>
> >> Overall, I think I am having problems setting aside resistance to
>replacing qualities in myself. If I try to inhale peace, I find that a
>part of me is attached to staying the way I am. The core of it is that
>at some level I can't let go of my fears and my attachment to my
>negative trait. <<
>
>This isn't a matter of "can't". It's a matter of *wanting*. If you
>*want* to change yourself and let go of old habits and ways of being,
>then you will do so. It's *wanting* that makes for a strong will and
>it's *not wanting* that weakens the will.

Dear David:

I might add that the "wanting" is in the context of all the other things you
might want. I like to think of it in terms of "opportunity cost" (in
essence, every hour you invest doing one thing is an hour you are not doing
other things). You have to make a considered decision about what you value
more. Do you want to spend an hour doing the IIH exercises more than an hour
spent playing with your kids? Reading a good book? Walking in the park? If
so, why?

I think answering these kinds of questions relates to your work on soul
mirrors. In my opinion, Bardon's work defines a kind of "fast track" to
spiritual maturity. In my own case, I left this path because deep down, I am
enjoying my spiritual youth and would rather be playing with the kids,
reading, walking and so on, than spending the time it would take to master
the 10 steps. It's a choice each of us has to make (and again, in my
opinion, step 2 seems to be the point where most people make this decision).

Respectfully, /RM/

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor