RE: Re: Another question - step one breathing

Message 02180 of 3835

From: "David Yeh" <ldreamr@...>
To: BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BardonPraxis] Re: Another question - step one breathing
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:15:57 -0000

Overall, I think I am having problems setting aside resistance to replacing qualities in myself. If I try to inhale peace, I find that a part of me is attached to staying the way I am.

Consider what would be accomplished when that "resistence" is accepted and comprtehended (not just understood intellectually) as a normal and expected *be ye unsuprised* trait of your human nature. All negative traits wish to remain alive and to influence. Experience it, accept it, let your attachment to its resistence go, give it less importance by not fighting it.. not validating its *control*, and do the exercise successfully all the while in spite of it. You can always come back to it later.

It seems to work for me this way as I encounter resistence and my fascination with it as well. I think it has less to do with the actual resistence and more to do with the attraction of that resistence to our inquisitive and self-examining selves. Once we reach "boredome" with it, we pass it by more and more consistently.

Fortuneately(? or unfortunatly) it will simply morph into a more refined, more subtle, less obvious reflection of our need/desire/fascination for it once more.

THen the work continues. :)

At least, this has been my experience.

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/

Main Index | Thread Index