Re: Earthly Ambitions

Message 02221 of 3835

 Dear Rawn,

It was quite straightforward. :-)

I understand that as the name itself suggests, "introspection"
exercises refer to trying to evaluate ours inner selves without
relying on others. I have indeed my own thoughts and opinions about
earthly ambitions, BUT since I am far from perfection, since my
senses are not fully developed and since I have very little
experience in life, I consider analysing and contemplating upon the
ideas of other people - who might raise points that I have not
thought about - as an integral part of my evaluation process. The
way I see it (and please correct me if you disagree), evaluation is
when I gather all the possible and available information from all
possible sources (including mine, my parents', the milkman's and the
taxi drivers'), and then make MY OWN conclusion about it.
The reason I asked the question, was that I wanted to hear the
opinions of others. I would not necessarily rely upon them, but I
would take them into consideration :-) I do not consider this method
as perfect, but rather as the best tool currently available at my
disposal.

Also, from what I understand (thanks to a web page on your site),
Hermetics do not say that "universal truth" is subjective, but
rather that those people whose senses are not developed see the same
truth subjectively. Hermetics do not say that only because one sees
things differently, he sees them correctly, as many post modern
philosophies suggest.
Since my senses are not fully developed, since my ability to judge
is limited, I am very likely to come to a very personal conclusion
about money, career or indeed any other topic, which from my own
perspective will be absolutely true and sincere (plus will have the
affirmation of my "inner voice"), but yet will be the total opposite
of the objective truth.
I don't want this to happen :-)

Again, thanks for your insight, help and dedication.

--David

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>