Re: Paenitere

Message 02294 of 3835

Dear Daniel,

>> I was wondering if anyone from this group has read this book, and has
insights to share about it - ever since I got Bardon's books I am rather
reluctant when it comes to purchasing other occult books, as they may
stray me from my path, but this book intrigues me as it is supposed to
be tailored especially for one learning from Bardon's work. <<

I've read everything available about this book on the "Hidden Gate"
website and just today purchased the downloadable version. During my
holiday, I will read the book and comment more thoroughly, come April.
:) Nonetheless, judging from what's available on "Hidden Gate", I can
say that the author is obviously sincere.

I do however, disagree in principle with the author's assertion that
several months of additional exercises are necessary *before* beginning
Step One of IIH. He seems to base this assumption on the idea that 90%
of folks who pick up IIH, put it down after about three years. His
response to that seems to be these additional exercises. My own opinion
is that it's not a matter of needing preparatory exercises; but rather,
one of correctly understanding the exercises of Step One. In other
words, the "problem" is conceptual. That has certainly been affirmed by
my own experience in my years of participating in discussion groups.

But as I said, the author shows all the hallmarks of sincerity and
actual experience. Furthermore, he claims that the regimen he
prescribes has worked for those who did experience difficulty (although
it is hard to determine whether his own personal guidance had this
affect or if it was indeed his regimen of additional exercises).