RE: Real vs. imagined communication

Message 02308 of 3835

Hello,
This is a debate which the magickal world has been having for a good long time, and I image will have for a good long time more.

One of the primary problems here is that there is a fundamental paradox: if the magician is communicating with an external, objective entity where is the empirical data which validates it's objectivity? since magicians are manifest beings and have all of the faults of such, how can they know that they are not deceiving themselves? if an entity is subjective, how does it have information which the magician does not (consciously) possess?

You have certainly hit upon a conundrum. However, why does it matter?

From a hermetic perspective, we are all slivers of divinity, therefore
anything we create is imbued with the same divinity. It is a truism to say that the magickal world-view finds no contradiction between saying that an entity is both external to one's self and completely subjective. If someone says that it has to be one or the other, they have not fully embraced the idea of their own divinity, indeed, they are not living in a magickal paradigm.

Dualism is most assuredly does not encourage a magickal perspective.

Regards,
Simon