Re: Real vs. imagined communication

Message 02320 of 3835

Dear Rawn and Simon,

Rawn, thank you for your answers, I see it now. I think this
intellectual understanding will be enough (and as much as I can
currently have), that is, until the time is ripe to actually
practice and see it all for myself :)
As for the weather, luckily for me it starts to creep out of the
winter here too, but we're still far away from 90 Fahrenheit!

Simon, thank you for making yourself clearer, I understand what you
meant now. I think that saying that some things exist which are
objective, and yet can only be described subjectively (usually using
metaphors from one's own personal background), is an excellent way
to sum it all up in a not-so-confusing manner (just like you did in
your closing paragraph) :).
As for connecting science and the occult - I have to say that I held
the same opinion for a long time, and most unfortunately I indeed
encountered quite a lot of impatiency about it.
Currently, I do hold science in great regard, and yet I see a simple
problem with it: after all, most of scientific research is based on
fitting a mathematical-theoretical model to experiential results.
Any finite set of such experiential results can be explained using
an infinite amount of theories - some of which may fail when the
experiential results set is expanded, others may not (as indeed
happened a myriad of times throughout history, at times even without
any new experiments :). Because of that, as good as a theory may be,
you can never know if it is the Truth. In Hermetics, and in all
other forms of initiation, one seeks the ultimate Truth, and
eventually he can know it. Perhaps he can only convey it in
subjective terms, but the Truth itself is absolute.

Daniel :)

Main Index | Thread Index