Re: Re: Four pillars

Message 02470 of 3835

Dear Daniel,

>> Is the author correct regarding the benefits of that exercise
(creating mental substance by nourishing the spirit, etc), <<

Yes, that is one way.

>> and the resultant ability of perfect "inner-body" focus (so far
practicing it for 3 weeks did yield an improvement in my concentration
abilities, and the ability to feel the pulsations of blood in the whole
body - should I really be able to feel bones/muscle tisue/etc after more
practice?)? <<

Well of course practicing it will improve your concentration since it is
a sensory concentration exercise. :) Practicing *any* concentration
exercise will increase your powers of concentration.

As to feeling bones, muscle tissue, organs, etc., yes, practicing such
an exercise will lead you to that point. The same result can be (and
is) achieved through Bardon's Step Three and Four exercises with the
Vital Energy and the Elements. This has to do with focusing your
awareness in the specific organ, tissue, bone, etc.

A significant difference however, between Bardon's approach and
Blystone's is that with Bardon, you are not beginning this focalization
of awareness until you have made good progress toward your astral
Elemental Equilibrium. This is important because at that stage you are
more able to clearly understand the *meaning* of the sensations you
perceive; whereas, before that point, you will be more influenced by the
*emotional significance* of those sensations and thus not *understand*
them.