Re: Sequence of Step One exercises

Message 02553 of 3835

That's true !!!! I spent 4 years practicing with blinkers, and now I've been
practicing with eyes and mind wide-open the all matter is being much easier to
understand ! Each of the presented exercices can be used in the all-day life. I
needed 4 years to see that reaching my mind but I never despaired !!!

Woce

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote:
Dear Devin,

>> First, once we master the observation of thoughts (OOT) and move on
to thought control (TT), are we to *replace* OOT with TT? Or are we to
add on the period of time it takes to do both exercises to our routine?
<<

I think you will find that you're never really done with any of the
techniques that the exercises teach and that each one has its
applications outside of the exercise context. In other words, while you
do replace the OOT *exercise* with the TT exercise once you've mastered
OOT, the OOT becomes a handy tool which you will employ as needed. It
just won't be an *exercise* that you sit down and do for an allotted
amount of time.

>> Likewise, once TT is mastered, do we continue it daily along with the
Emptiness of Mind (EOM) exercise? <<

TT is a VERY handy tool. For example, your meditations about the theory
section or your Soul Mirror issues are all a form of TT (thought
discipline). So its not something you ever really stop, except *as an
exercise*. Also, some folks find it easier to attain EOM if they first
pass through TT.

>> When we reach Step two, do we continue these exercises as well? <<

EOM is to be continued (for life). TT however, is again used as a
*tool* through all the future Steps, but is not an *exercise* in and of
itself. For example the Step Two Sensory Concentration exercises are a
*form of* TT.

>> Also, regarding the impregnating breaths, once our desire is
realized, and we move on to a new one, do we start the exercise over at
the 7 breaths and add one breath each day until our new desire is
realized? <<

After reading your reply to Basim, I suggest that you focus upon the
*time* you spend and not upon the *number* of inhalations.

>> Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it if
it has. <<

I suggest that you check out the section of my website which is filled
with excerpts from my public and private correspondence.
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Corresp-Links.html