Re: hermetics and confrontation

Message 02653 of 3835

G'day Chuck & Dan,

So glad you found my suggestions useful! :-)

> We could all be observing in most of our interactions, even in the
midst of our acting or reacting. Bravo! <

Indeed. To me, that's the meaning of Step 1, Spirit, Exercise 2a:
Giving your full attention to *everything* that you do.

A friend told me a few years ago about a book she'd read. The
author made the point that if we acquire the habit of "giving our
full attention to everything we do", two things happen:

1. We become aware of just how much choice we have in every moment
(eg, "This glass is raising to my lips, because *I choose* for - and
will - it to happen");

2. We begin to interact with others with *full consciousness*.

The implication of the first outcome is that we find less reason to
think of ourselves as "victims". We begin to see ourselves as
Empowered: "Look at how much control I exercise in every moment of
my life - I'm not a victim all!".

The implication of the second is that *we choose* how we behave in
every moment, by bringing our emotions under *our* control. No
longer do we impulsively reach for the gun in the glove compartment
when someone cuts us off on the freeway! ;-) ;-)

Of course, Bardon's system of Initiation takes this further by
welding the Soul Mirror tools to the Step One, Spirit, 2a exercise.

See ya,

Jason

Main Index | Thread Index