Re: Karma Kybalion - 2nd order equilibrium of emotions

Message 02668 of 3835

Dear John,

Aha, thanks for your explanation. I learned a new word. :)

To me, misperceptions would be similar to character traits
in that they stem from ones identities.

Misperceptions:
'I must not watch movies because....' (whatever reason)
'I must not dance because....'

Character traits:
Lazy because.... (my body must rest)
Shy because... (must be liked by others)

They are all identities that were born at the time where one decided
that this trait or idea is an appropriate action to accomplish this
goal. For example, a parent tells his son that his voice is really
nagging and that he needs to be silent. The boy is shocked that his
father puts on an angry face, and might from point in time create
the identity: 'I am a silent person', with the goal 'father must
like me'.

Practically I see what you mean. It seems difficult to label these
misperceptions and put them straight into the soul mirror. The
instruction to stay at home and not to go dancing with ones friends
(because it is a 'sin'), might reappear in an adult as a fleeting
'dancing is bad' thought. How does one put that into the mirror. :)

Personally I'd check up on it a bit more before writing it down.

In my mirror I ended up with a negative 'righteous'; my identity
that did 'righteous things' and avoided 'sinful things'. The goal
of that identity was 'must be loved by god'. Obviously, the time
spent being righteous was in the hidden condition 'afraid of god'.
Being righteous is for many a positive thing, but for me it was a
negative.

I'm not sure if that is the optimal way to go about the soul
mirror, but that is how I do it; writing down my identities and
their goals. Perhaps Rawn can advise?

Related to this example; In my english IIH, Franz Bardon uses
the label 'registry of sins'. I am a bit curious if that word
was correctly translated since it isn't a neutral description.

Best regards,
Andreas

Main Index | Thread Index