Introduction and Question

Message 02677 of 3835

Hello.

I have been a member of the group for a little over a week and wanted to
introduce myself
and throw out a question. My name is Keith and I am 45 years old. I live in
California and
my occupation is an engineer. I have had an interest in the occult for well
over twenty
years, particularly the western mystery tradition. My focus over the past 7
years has been
with the Golden Dawn tradition, however for now I have decided to focus my
efforts on IIH.

The question I would like to ask the group has to do with the order in which we
work with
the elements, both in the microcosm and macrocosm. I find it interesting that
throughout
the course of instruction in IIH the ordering of the element is
Fire-Air-Water-Earth when
one works on oneself (i.e. the microcosm). However, when one is ready to
venture into the
macrocosm, the required order is reversed. For instance, we are required to
visit the
kingdoms of Earth, Water, Air and finally Fire.

Would anyone in the group be willing address why this is so?

Thank you!

Main Index | Thread Index