RE: visualization

Message 02805 of 3835

Rand,

As Rawn mentioned, there are a lot of tips at the Bardon Companion website. The following is another description with some of the techniques that I've found helpful

First, as you?ve probably notices already, the mind has a tendency to create a constant stream of images. If you know what I am referring to, continue to observe them when you visualize. If you don?t, pick an object and picture it in your mind. Imagine it as strongly as you can. Most likely, this will be difficult. Much like thoughts and emotions, the image stream tends to jump from image to image. Continue to observe the image stream, and start to slow it down. Focus on the edges and the details of the images. Write them down if you wish, as this can help to slow down the stream and bring a single image into focus.

Now work on limiting the images. Try to guide the images to become things which fascinate you. Pick a single one, and focus on it. The image should overlay/displace the darkness that the physical eyes experience, but don't think of this as looking at it with the physical eyes (the commentaries on the site do a better job of describing this if it doesn't make sense). I find it helpful to imagine that my entire body, and especially my gut or solar plexus area is experiencing the object. This helps to make it more real to me. Again, describe the details and repeat what to your self what it is that you are looking it (?I am looking at a X?). The key is to approach the exercise with a relaxed, playful attitude while focusing on the details of the image rather than trying to force an image to appear.

Hope that helps,
Stephen M.