Memories of Franz Bardon

Message 02845 of 3835

Dear Group

RE: Memories of Franz Bardon

Just over a week ago, I managed to locate a copy of the recently
published book: Memories of Franz Bardon by Dr Lumir Bardon & Dr M.K.

I seem to remember someone mentioning having read an earlier edition,
I just wanted to offer my own thoughts on the english version.

In the past year I've been struck by how little reading I manage
get done nowadays, well, this little book I managed to read in one
session ? and definitely worthwhile. Its thinness defies the
potential impact of its content.

Though I hold Franz Bardon's IIH system in very high esteem, he
puts
very little of himself in his three works, besides his general tone
and manner of writing. His intellect is there, but not the
personality. Which is all very well, and indeed appropriate, given
their purpose.

Some have pointed to `Frabato' as offering insight into
Bardon
himself. I remember being very disenchanted with this piece, more so
after I had read his main works. It struck me as the literary
equivalent of a patch-work quilt, and imagining that Bardon wrote it
himself only served to knock my own estimation of him. So, it was
with a degree of relief when I later discovered that it was pasted
together by his secretary, after his death. After which, I was able
to re-read it without a problem.

Yet still, though `Frabato' is interesting, for me, it failed
offer either any true insight into Bardon, or move me to the extent
that `Memories' has done so.

`Memories' portrays a very `human' side to a man of
remarkable
spirituality and abilities. The dedication, the kindness, the
mistakes, the hardships he endured. Through his son Lumir, and his
disciple M.K, one can build a picture of a man who lived and breathed
the essence of Hermetics, helping others in big ways and small, all
the while fulfilling a divine mission, and indirectly, raising a
family.

This was something I remember Rawn mentioning somewhere, emphasizing
that he was still, very human. This book has helped me understand a
bit more of what Rawn meant by that, on an emotional level, rather
than just intellectually.

It's one thing to appreciate the value of the IIH system, another
recognise, in some small way, what it took to get it here. I guess
the greatest tribute to Bardon is to complete the regimen he worked
so arduously to set out. Nonetheless, the greatest impact this book
had on me was that I was left with a feeling of immense gratitude
towards Franz Bardon personally. Not just an intellectual gratitude,
but a deeply emotional one, which is quite unusual for me.

Besides offering a valuable insight into Franz Bardon himself, it
offers further additional insights in a variety of other areas,
dependant in part upon the student's own interests.

I guess each reader will get something slightly different from the
book, but I would definitely recommend it.

Regards

Richard

Main Index | Thread Index