Soul Mirrors & Ego

Message 02898 of 3835

In making up the black soul mirror, I found out that it has so much
to do with the Ego part of me.

I tried to search on this and the abardoncompanion websites, but
couldn't find a satisfying detailed systematic explanation of the Ego
and its relation to individual self/personality/elements. So, could
somebody please point me to the right place?

Since I'm here now, I would like to ask a few more questions:

1. When one's inflated ego is being threatened (or just the fear of
losing face without the ego being inflated too much in the first place
(in the normal sense, that is)), my feeling is that the fear it
experiences is of nature of Air element, but it also seems possible
to be of the nature of Water - emotion. Or could it be the Earth
element if the Ego fears of its own survival? Help is welcome here,
please.

2. I suppose that it's normal to have more scary/depression dreams
than usual when we do the soul mirrors. What do we do about them
besides dream incubation (which is not easy for me to do)?

3. How can we best deal with major failures in life/careers when
soul mirrors are concerned? I guess it has something to do with
insecure ego. It seems to me that Major changes in personal
values/perceptions might be needed to accept the reality, then the
Ego might have to fight for its survival.

Thanks in advance for the anwsers.

Daniel Zhao

Main Index | Thread Index