Pride continued and a few question

Message 02967 of 3835

Yes, I agree that "pride" must be divided since it contains both
poitive and negative expression. Besides I can´t get rid of what I
once read in the books of Carlos Castaneda: "Selfimportance is a
great enemy".
However it is clear to me that one has to be ready before one takes
on that one in practice since it´s easy to get depressed trying to
apply it to ones own reality. The same is true abot the oriental
doctrine that all is an illusion. Both are of course true but canot
be applied to early in ones developnent without difficulties.

Another question that puzzels me is thet Bardon ascribes the tarot
swords to the element of fire and the wands to the element air.
Now I have seen dussins of tarotdecks and books that puts swords
with air and wands with fire. Seems a bit confusing. :)

In part five of the IIH Bardon talks about setting a pice of cotton
on fire and lighting candles. This is of no importance to the work
and not a prerequsite to the practice as I understand it,
but I still wonder if anyone here succeded with this?
I have heard about sadhus being able to do this after decades of
practice (what a waste of time!) but Bardon seems to say that the
system he presents leads in a much faster way to the relization of
theese physical manifetations.

respectfully
//Johannes G.

Main Index | Thread Index