Re: Pride continued and a few question

Message 02970 of 3835

Dear Johannes,

>> Yes, I agree that "pride" must be divided since it contains both
poitive and negative expression. Besides I can´t get rid of what I once
read in the books of Carlos Castaneda: "Selfimportance is a great
enemy". However it is clear to me that one has to be ready before one
takes on that one in practice since it´s easy to get depressed trying to
apply it to ones own reality. <<

If you apply it in that form then yes, it can be quite self-destructive
but only because it is an inaccuracy and an over-simplification. What
is an "enemy" (i.e., counterproductive) to self-realization is an
*overblown* sense of one's own self-importance. The fact remains
however, that *every one* is important. What is not true is that any
one of us is *more important* than any other. So to say to yourself
that you are not at all important is incorrect. Instead, I suggest
meditations about the importance of *all* lifeforms and about how you
are *no more, nor any less*, important that any other life form.

>> Another question that puzzels me is thet Bardon ascribes the tarot
swords to the element of fire and the wands to the element air. Now I
have seen dussins of tarotdecks and books that puts swords with air and
wands with fire. Seems a bit confusing. :) <<

The are two distinct camps in this regard. :) The attribution Bardon
apparently used is quite common in France and other parts of Europe, and
is justified by as many very sound arguments as the tradition that
you're familiar with.