Re: Strange...

Message 03023 of 3835

Hi Richard -

>> But there still seems to be something stopping me
from talking too much. <<

>That isn't always a bad thing. Your inner prompting
on the matter may be the best guide, especially if
you're prone to over-talking.<
You're definitely right on that and I do have to work on it, but since
yesterday I have seen why exactly there is a negative component to this...
Maybe
hard to explain, some might get it.... In *my* case (I must stress), underneath
a determinedly unconventional exterior, it seems there is a group-think
conventionality junkie in control of some of my behaviour! It really worries
what the neighbours think. It worries what the neighbours-in-chief, the
Official
Authorities of Religion and State, think too. It worries that the general
religion of our time is scientific-sceptical and closed-minded. It sees that
I'm
cutting my ties with 'healthy middle class norms' once and for all, in
pursuit of something bigger, and it worries I'll be laughed at and/or
condemned.
Now I can see this thing I've started to put it a little in its place, and
that process will be complete at Step 2.

So that's that! What a cool thing this mirror is. I know I shouldn't share
any of it - but there's 141 things I still *haven't* shared, so I figure I'm
pretty safe! And talking about it on here did help, so thanks to my
respondents...

>It's nice to talk with others of similar ilk, but
its best to err on the side of caution whenever
people have no apparent interest in these matters,
especially when it comes to practical issues rather
than just theorising.<

Yes, you said it. Such a strange mechanism was at work in me, I haven't yet
unravelled it. It seemed that a certain part of me wanted to talk about this,
not to help people, but actually to change the entire groupthink of the world
towards accepting things that are not conventionally accepted before I could
even begin. In other words I needed to be given permission from the group
and from 'Authority' (in inverteds because the *real* authority wouldn't mind!)
before I could even start the training. It's scary to be without this
mechanism, but by heaven, it's a great relief!

> Enjoy! Best of luck with the journey!<

You too man, mind how you go. Jason