Re: foundation emotions

Message 03034 of 3835

Dear Will,

>> In lesson 2 of the Self Healng Archaeous we learn that the earth
region of our astral body contains our foundational emotions and all our
other emotions spring from these.Could you please enlarge upon this
theme as I'm not understanding it at all. <<

Say for example that you have a deeply seated fear of abandonment,
learned from early an childhood experience such as an ugly parental
divorce. Since it was learned so early in your development it will
likely affect all of your emotional responses to others, especially when
it comes to building relationships. This would be a "foundational
emotion".

>> Previously you've written that you can choose strong or weak emotions
for transformation depending on one's willpower. <<

No, that comment was not in reference to *emotions*. It was in
reference to *character traits*. Granted, the character traits have
their roots in one's emotional composition but they are more than just
emotions.

>> I was wondering if the choice of emotion came from the foundational
group then any change for the better would be more dramatic.I was
thinking the rest of the structure would be influenced by changes in the
foundation. <<

Working with the major negative *character traits* will indeed have a
global effect upon the whole character and will rectify many of the
lesser negative traits.