Re: Alcohalism (general comment on affirmations

Message 03073 of 3835

Dear all -

Alex wrote:

> I think Bardon's thought control, and the affirmation I DON'T
DRINK or I AM NOT A DRINKER everynight or as soon as you wake up or
in the middle of the night will work.

>From research and, more importantly, experience, "negative"
affirmations (i.e. "I am not...") do not work as effectively
as "positive" affirmations (i.e. "I am..."). As I'm not a
psychologist, I cannot explain but I have found that it is quite
true. From my own experience, what seems to happen is that when
someone affirms, for example, "I am not a drinker", the ego
immediately replies "no, I am a drinker", and so the affirmation
does not penetrate to the subconscious.

However, a positive affirmation such as "I am tee-total" can be more
effectively transmitted through to the subconscious.

I recall that Bardon uses "I am a non-smoker" in the context of
providing useful examples of affirmations. Personally, I consider
this a negative affirmation (and it certainly did not work for me).
I wonder whether there is a specific German word for a non-smoker
that does not create a negative affirmation (and, perhaps, got lost
in translation)?

Kind regards

Dan

Main Index | Thread Index