Re: Miscellaneous questions

Message 03168 of 3835

Dear David,

>> With Eight Temples, after the initial scripted meditations (the first
eight months), is there any order one is supposed to explore the temples
in, or can I just explore where I feel most drawn? <<

I would suggest spending the bulk of your exploration in the Malkuth
Temple while you're working on Step One, then in the Yesod Temple while
working on Step Two, etc. In other words, use the Temples as tools
appropriate to the Step you're working on.

>> With the Self-Healing Archaeous: Is the hallmark of having adequately
mastered Lesson One the ability to sense and totally relax all of the
respective parts of the physical body? I can go through the meditation
without following the audio lesson (which is good, because I've
misplaced my CD) but I hold a lot of habitual, chronic tension which it
will take some doing to release. I am guessing that it is better to
stay with this until I have developed a deeper state of relaxation
through dwelling on the physical body, is this correct or am I making
too much of this particular lesson? <<

I recommend that at this point you move on to Lesson Two. This is for a
couple of reasons. 1) The primary marker of readiness to pass on to the
next Lesson (at least in regard to the first two Lessons) is when you
can perform the exercise without reliance upon the audio recording. 2)
Deep seated physical tension might well have its root in the astral
body, so moving on to Lesson Two might help you reach a still deeper
state of physical relaxation. In any event, Lesson Two *includes*
Lesson One. In other words, Lesson Two begins with a complete
relaxation of your physical body so you're never just dropping the
Lesson One techniques.

>> So am I correct in assuming that the goal and the mark of mastery of
this exercise is detached awareness regardless of content, and that the
"only a few thoughts emerge from afar" remark is merely an observation
of what *tends* to happen when this exercise is done correctly, but it
should not be a focus or goal, strictly speaking? <<

Yes, that is absolutely correct. :)