Re: Digest Number 579

Message 03239 of 3835

Hi,

I took Tai Chi lessons about three years ago, and the style I was
taking was Yang style Tai Chi. You're right, it is a great way to
excercise and develop energy. It's also very relaxing and calming,
and also builds a lot of muscle in the legs quickly.

>From what I've read of the Bardon system everything in his magical
system is accomplished through the imagination. As far as I know
there aren't any physical excercises to carry out magic or magical
excercises. You could use Tai Chi and Chi Kung or perhaps Reiki for
magic but the energies in those systems may not be mentioned in the
Bardon system and so you might not know how to incorporate them. I
was offered to be taught Reiki so I could learn about the energies,
but I decided not to for now. Anyhow, I might learn different
systems and practice them separately until I learn enough in magic
in the future.

I also started out with IIH a few months ago but I gave up on it
because I thought it was fake eventhough I didn't completely believe
it was fake. I'm going to go back to it soon enough.

I wish you the best with your practice.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah Clark"
<camille_9847@n...> wrote:
> Ardeshir,
>
> <<I've had experience with Tai Chi where I could feel the Chi
energy in my
> arms and I thought that other things like magic could also
possibly be
> true.>>
>
> Ooh! A T'ai Chi person? What style do you play? I've found that
T'ai chi and
> magical studies complement each other quite well in energy
development. It
> also is something that keeps me rooted in the here and now--I am a
big
> proponent that you CANNOT develop your mental and astral skills
beyond a
> certain point without developing the physical. Plus, what better
morning
> ritual is there than greeting the Supreme Power and communing
whith it in
> the lovely outdoors? (and if you can burn a few hundred calories
while
> you're at it, so much the better...). I am only taking the first
tenative
> steps into Bardon (my spiritual new year's resolution is to start
IIH in
> earnest as opposed to piddling around with it sporadically between
other
> commitments), but I've found this list, and Rawn's site, are great
places to
> get more information and ensure you're on the right track.
>
> Sarah

Main Index | Thread Index