VoM?

Message 03260 of 3835

Dear Rawn and fellow group members,

This morning whilst meditating with the intention of achieving
Vacancy of Mind, I first passively observed my thoughts for a few
minutes and then focussed as intensely as I could upon one single
question for a further few minutes. Suddenly, instead of striving to
empty my mind as I have done previously, I felt a sudden surge of
energy fill my body and mind instantly - it is difficult to explain
but it was very intense, but at the same time not really distracting
(I can't really communite that concept properly with words), and
then it was as if Vacancy of Mind filled me rather than me striving
for it... if that makes any sense to anybody. I think I achieved VoM
for several minutes, perhaps even five minutes, but I can imporve on
it because there were still shadows of thoughts once in a while
(although they were easily dismissed).

Is this surge of energy something to be ignored? I felt that I had
to concentrate at first on relaxing my body because I was resisting
it and becoming a little tense.

After the meditation, I felt extremely joyful and still. I felt that
everything around me (even the wallpaper) was alive and almost a
part of me.

Rawn, what is the best way to build on this during future
meditations? Am I on the right track or being distracted by
irrelevant occurrences? Any advice would be appreciated.

Good will to everyone!

Martin

Main Index | Thread Index