Re: mind all over the place...

Message 03348 of 3835

Dear Nik,

>> I have been doing the physical training, cold showers, yoga, chi
kung. Also I try to keep my mind focused while doing various activities
(which can be quite challenging). I have to say that I also include
other meditational trainings, like impregnated breathing or
visualization. <<

Have you also been doing the astral exercises of creating the list of
positive and negative character traits for your Soul Mirror?

>> I do meditate about 2 a day, but do not always follow the same
meditation routines. I am not sure if that could cause me problems in
keeping a focused mind..?? I have started doing the Center of Stillness
meditatin which I have found to be quite helpful. Could the problem be
that I try to many different "techiques" at once? <<

Yes, I think that could easily be a factor but I think the main factor
is a disorganized approach. Did you master the first mental exercise
before taking up the second exercise, or are you doing all three mental
exercises at once at random? My recommendation is that you focus upon
mastering one exercise at a time before moving on to the next and that,
instead of doing so many different exercises each day, you focus your
activities just upon that exercise.