Re: Question about requirements for beginners

Message 03368 of 3835

Patrik;

I agree with William Mistele's assessment, and Rawn Clark asserts the same as
does Franz Bardon himself in his book Initiation Into Hermetics. The idea is to
let the aspiring student see from the beginning that this is all or nothing, a
very high ideal for a path, accessible, yet very difficult. Costing no less
than everything.

After Step 1 exercises the Magician is actually a very highly, finely tuned
individual. As to losing the energies accumulated by the Bardon methods... if
it is done daly, as a habit, then the battery is kept charged, and you
intuitively know when to recharge it if you use it up in some way.

The path is inward. If you mess up and lose your way, especially during the
first 3 Steps others are here to try to assist you. We may have gone through
the same things. Who knows. You are at an advantage to some as you already have
some of the Eastern metaphysics/philosophies down pat and are actively
practicing. The human system being whole and the same in the east as the west
of course only has the same pieces to connect up with each other and to charge
and maintain in certain ways. Bardon, and other hermeticists generally suggest
that at least Pranayama accompany the hermetic practice/path.

Rather than looking at the coin as standing up and facing you, so large and
huge of a proposition... to have mastered the abilities of Step 1 at the
beginning, rather a beginner would benefit viewing the coin from the side, it
is much thinner at that angle. At each day of honestly applying oneself to the
Step 1 exercises the practitioner is building up the body. Exercise, building
up the spiritual muscles. You certainly do possess a part of the listed
abilities after putting in some time with Step 1.

I will admit that there is a place where you can let loose of the stranglehold
of the black and white soul mirrors, intense self reflection. A month is
suggested I believe. But for some three months, a year... it is ok. Why,
because along the way the effort is taken up again, in a slightly different
way. Finally later, the effort is continual and daily, weekly as a bad
character trait arises for instance, I wiggle my fire finger, burn the dross
from what is acceptable and transmute with wiggling my water finger the root
character trait and affirm it's existence, assuage it with love/affirmation. It
is now changed. But one hardly could not begin at the beginning thinking that
one can not put to good use the beginning quantities of the internal spiritual
elements accessed and built up with actually applying the practice of Step 1.

I hope that clarifies some of what you are asking.
I wish you well,
Chuck

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Llewellyn" <andy.llewellyn@m...>

Main Index | Thread Index