Re: layers

Message 03424 of 3835

Dear Will,

< "There are countless levels to awareness and by practicing EOM
consistently, you will encounter each of them, one after the other. " >
>> This was in response to a query regarding emptiness of mind. What is
the origin and nature of these layers. <<

This phenomena comes about as the eternal mental body descends into the
temporal realm. This descent is into successively denser layers of
manifestation: mental, astral and physical. From the eternal
perspective, there is no perception of "layering", per se, but rather a
holistic perception of Self composed of countless, integrated aspects.
However, because we are disentangling ourselves from the dense and
chaotic state of mundane awareness and looking within toward the quieter
state of (eternal) BEing -- *and* doing so with the sequential aspect of
our awareness -- we perceive a sequence of successively more and more
rarified "layers". This sense of sequencing is due to the nature of
sequential awareness which is incapable of comprehending the whole
spectrum of awareness all at once -- sequential awareness must
comprehend this infinity one small bit at a time. So we experience it
as a rising "upward" by stages or steps.

The nature and sequence of each of these layers is fairly predictable
and can be equated to ascending the Tree of Life..